INFORMATION AND FEES FOR TENANTS
Before the tenancy begins:
- Upon making an offer to let a flat through Bruten & Co Ltd you will need to place a Holding Deposit equivalent to one week’s rent in cleared funds. This is fully refundable (by cheque or BACS) if the Landlord does not accept your offer. The Holding Deposit becomes part of your move-in monies should the tenancy proceed. It is not refundable if you withdraw your application or your references are deemed unsatisfactory or false.
- From receipt of the holding deposit you have 15 days to complete the tenancy including original signatures.
- Bruten & Co receives payments bank transfer only. Credit/Debit cards are not accepted.
During the tenancy:
- Subject to the Landlord’s approval, Bruten & Co Ltd can facilitate a change of occupant where a property has been let as a flatshare. You will need to find a suitable replacement sharer. Our charge is £50 per change. Bruten & Co Ltd do not rent rooms, only whole properties, and all Tenants and Guarantors remain jointly and severally liable whilst they are on the Tenancy Agreement.
- If you are letting a property managed by Bruten & Co Ltd and are locked out of your flat, we can attend the property and provide access with our management keys. This service is only available to the contractual Tenant during normal working hours and subject to the availability of a staff member.
- Your documents are important, please keep them safe as we no longer provide copies.
- We no longer provide letters for tenants, such as for immigration.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant’s behalf) can be charged the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week’s rent) as detailed above.
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks’ rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks’ rent.for annual rental of £50,000 and above).
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (capped at £50 or, if higher,any reasonable costs).
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord’s loss or the agent’s reasonably incurred costs).
- Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax.
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England’s annualpercentage rate).
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices.
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant’s default of a tenancy agreement; and
- Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Bruten & Co Ltd is a member of the UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA) and also a member of The PRS, which is a redress scheme. Tenant’s Deposits are protected by UKALA. For full details of the UKALA or PRS Conduct and Membership Rules please see their websites.
YOUR LOCAL AGENT WITH A PROFESSIONAL REPUTATION