INFORMATION AND FEES FOR TENANTS
Before the tenancy begins:
- Upon making an offer to let a flat through Bruten & Co Ltd you will need to place a Holding Deposit equivalent to one week’s rent in cleared funds. This is fully refundable (by cheque or BACS) if the Landlord does not accept your offer. The Holding Deposit becomes part of your move-in monies should the tenancy proceed. It is not refundable if you withdraw your application or your references are deemed unsatisfactory or false.
- From receipt of the holding deposit you have 15 days to complete the tenancy including original signatures.
- Bruten & Co receives payments larger than £500 by bank transfer only. Credit/Debit cards are not accepted.
During the tenancy:
- Subject to the Landlord’s approval, Bruten & Co Ltd can facilitate a change of occupant where a property has been let as a flatshare. You will need to find a suitable replacement sharer. Our charge is £50 per change. However Bruten & Co Ltd do not rent rooms, only whole properties, and all Tenants and Guarantors remain jointly and severally liable whilst they are on the Tenancy Agreement.
- If you are letting a property managed by Bruten & Co Ltd and are locked out of your flat, we can attend the property and provide access with our management keys. This service is only available to the contractual Tenant during normal working hours and subject to the availability of a staff member.
- Your documents are important, please keep them safe as we no longer provide copies.
- We no longer provide letters for tenants, such as for immigration.
When you leave the property:
Bruten & Co Ltd uses independent Inventory Clerks who are not connected to the Landlord and are unbiased. The costs of a check out vary depending on which Inventory Clerk is available, but typically the costs range is:
Studio £90 to £155 including VAT
1 bedroom £90 to £185 including VAT
2 bedrooms £120 to £205 including VAT
3 bedrooms £140 to £255 including VAT
Check Outs on a Sunday, Public Holiday or at unusual hours are subject to availability and separate quotation.
YOUR LOCAL AGENT WITH A PROFESSIONAL REPUTATION